Number of syllables in the word 'yard'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word yard.
- No of syllables in yard : 1
- Divide syllables in yard : yard
More about the word - yard
- Synonyms : garden
- Definition : A small, usually uncultivated area adjoining or (now especially) within the precincts of a house or other building.
- Definition : The property surrounding one's house, typically dominated by one's lawn.
- Definition : An enclosed area designated for a specific purpose, e.g. on farms, railways etc.
- Definition : A place where moose or deer herd together in winter for pasture, protection, etc.
- Definition : To confine to a yard.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.