Number of syllables in the word 'wide'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word wide.
- No of syllables in wide : 1
- Divide syllables in wide : wide
More about the word - wide
- Definition : A ball that passes so far from the batsman that the umpire deems it unplayable; the arm signal used by an umpire to signal a wide; the extra run added to the batting side's score
- Definition : Having a large physical extent from side to side.
- Definition : Large in scope.
- Definition : Operating at the side of the playing area.
- Definition : On one side or the other of the mark; too far sideways from the mark, the wicket, the batsman, etc.
- Definition : Extensively
- Definition : Completely
- Definition : Away from a given goal
- Definition : So as to leave or have a great space between the sides; so as to form a large opening.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.