Number of syllables in the word 'walk'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word walk.
- No of syllables in walk : 1
- Divide syllables in walk : walk
More about the word - walk
- Synonyms : nicked, pinched, stolen, full, waulk, acquitted
- Definition : To move on the feet by alternately setting each foot (or pair or group of feet, in the case of animals with four or more feet) forward, with at least one foot on the ground at all times. Compare run.
- Definition : To "walk free", i.e. to win, or avoid, a criminal court case, particularly when actually guilty.
- Definition : Of an object, to go missing or be stolen.
- Definition : (of a batsman) To walk off the field, as if given out, after the fielding side appeals and before the umpire has ruled; done as a matter of sportsmanship when the batsman believes he is out.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.