Number of syllables in the word 'van'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word van.
- No of syllables in van : 1
- Divide syllables in van : van
More about the word - van
- Definition : A covered vehicle used for carrying goods or people, usually roughly cuboid in shape, longer and higher than a car but smaller than a truck/lorry.
- Definition : An enclosed railway vehicle for transport of goods.
- Definition : A light wagon, either covered or open, used by tradesmen and others for the transportation of goods.
- Definition : A large towable vehicle equipped for the repair of structures that cannot easily be moved.
- Definition : To transport in a van or similar vehicle (especially of horses).
- Definition : (used in passive voice) Of law enforcement: to arrest (not necessarily in a van; derived from party van).
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.