Number of syllables in the word 'soil'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word soil.
- No of syllables in soil : 1
- Divide syllables in soil : soil
More about the word - soil
- Synonyms : dirt, earth
- Definition : A mixture of mineral particles and organic material, used to support plant growth.
- Definition : The unconsolidated mineral or organic material on the immediate surface of the earth that serves as a natural medium for the growth of land plants.
- Definition : The unconsolidated mineral or organic matter on the surface of the earth that has been subjected to and shows effects of genetic and environmental factors of: climate (including water and temperature effects), and macro- and microorganisms, conditioned by relief, acting on parent material over a period of time. A product-soil differs from the material from which it is derived in many physical, chemical, biological, and morphological properties and characteristics.
- Definition : Country or territory.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.