Number of syllables in the word 'slide'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word slide.
- No of syllables in slide : 1
- Divide syllables in slide : slide
More about the word - slide
- Synonyms : chute, slippery dip, runner
- Definition : An item of play equipment that children can climb up and then slide down again.
- Definition : A surface of ice, snow, butter, etc. on which someone can slide for amusement or as a practical joke.
- Definition : The falling of large amounts of rubble, earth and stones down the slope of a hill or mountain; avalanche.
- Definition : An inclined plane on which heavy bodies slide by the force of gravity, especially one constructed on a mountainside for conveying logs by sliding them down.
- Definition : To (cause to) move in continuous contact with a surface
- Definition : To move on a low-friction surface.
- Definition : To drop down and skid into a base.
- Definition : To lose one’s balance on a slippery surface.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.