Number of syllables in the word 'road'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word road.
- No of syllables in road : 1
- Divide syllables in road : road
More about the word - road
- Definition : A way used for travelling between places, originally one wide enough to allow foot passengers and horses to travel, now (US) usually one surfaced with asphalt or concrete and designed to accommodate many vehicles travelling in both directions. In the UK both senses are heard: a country road is the same as a country lane.
- Definition : A road; or particularly a car, as a means of transportation.
- Definition : A path chosen in life or career.
- Definition : An underground tunnel in a mine.
- Synonyms : away
- Definition : At the venue of the opposing team or competitor; on the road.
- Definition : (Slang) Having attributes, primarily masculine, suggesting a tendency towards minor crime. Usually used by youths endearingly; glorifying crime.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.