Number of syllables in the word 'prize'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word prize.
- No of syllables in prize : 1
- Divide syllables in prize : prize
More about the word - prize
- Synonyms : prise
- Definition : That which is taken from another; something captured; a thing seized by force, stratagem, or superior power.
- Definition : Anything captured by a belligerent using the rights of war; especially, property captured at sea in virtue of the rights of war, as a vessel.
- Definition : An honour or reward striven for in a competitive contest; anything offered to be competed for, or as an inducement to, or reward of, effort.
- Definition : That which may be won by chance, as in a lottery.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.