Number of syllables in the word 'port'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word port.
- No of syllables in port : 1
- Divide syllables in port : port
More about the word - port
- Synonyms : backboard, larboard, left, harbour, haven, harbour city
- Definition : A place on the coast at which ships can shelter, or dock to load and unload cargo or passengers.
- Definition : A town or city containing such a place, a port city.
- Definition : The left-hand side of a vessel, including aircraft, when one is facing the front. Used to unambiguously refer to directions relative to the vessel structure, rather than to a person or object on board.
- Definition : A sweep rower that primarily rows with an oar on the port side.
- Definition : To turn or put to the left or larboard side of a ship; said of the helm.
- Synonyms : backboard, larboard, left
- Definition : Of or relating to port, the left-hand side of a vessel when facing the bow.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.