Number of syllables in the word 'plant'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word plant.
- No of syllables in plant : 1
- Divide syllables in plant : plant
More about the word - plant
- Definition : An organism that is not an animal, especially an organism capable of photosynthesis. Typically a small or herbaceous organism of this kind, rather than a tree.
- Definition : An organism of the kingdom Plantae; now specifically, a living organism of the Embryophyta (land plants) or of the Chlorophyta (green algae), a eukaryote that includes double-membraned chloroplasts in its cells containing chlorophyll a and b, or any organism closely related to such an organism.
- Definition : Now specifically, a multicellular eukaryote that includes chloroplasts in its cells, which have a cell wall.
- Definition : Any creature that grows on soil or similar surfaces, including plants and fungi.
- Definition : To place (a seed or plant) in soil or other substrate in order that it may live and grow.
- Definition : To place (an object, or sometimes a person), often with the implication of intending deceit.
- Definition : To place or set something firmly or with conviction.
- Definition : To place in the ground.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.