Number of syllables in the word 'pearl'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word pearl.
- No of syllables in pearl : 1
- Divide syllables in pearl : pearl
More about the word - pearl
- Definition : A shelly concretion, usually rounded, and having a brilliant luster, with varying tints, found in the mantle, or between the mantle and shell, of certain bivalve mollusks, especially in the pearl oysters and river mussels, and sometimes in certain univalves. It is usually due to a secretion of shelly substance around some irritating foreign particle. Its substance is the same as nacre, or mother-of-pearl. Round lustrous pearls are used in jewellery.
- Definition : Something precious.
- Definition : A capsule of gelatin or similar substance containing liquid for e.g. medicinal application.
- Definition : Nacre, or mother-of-pearl.
- Definition : (sometimes figurative) To set or adorn with pearls, or with mother-of-pearl.
- Definition : To cause to resemble pearls in shape; to make into small round grains.
- Definition : To cause to resemble pearls in lustre or iridescence.
- Definition : To resemble pearl or pearls.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.