Number of syllables in the word 'patch'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word patch.
- No of syllables in patch : 1
- Divide syllables in patch : patch
More about the word - patch
- Synonyms : tract, area, blotch, period, section, spell
- Definition : A piece of cloth, or other suitable material, sewed or otherwise fixed upon a garment to repair or strengthen it, especially upon an old garment to cover a hole.
- Definition : A small piece of anything used to repair damage or a breach; as, a patch on a kettle, a roof, etc.
- Definition : A piece of any size, used to repair something for a temporary period only, or that it is temporary because it is not meant to last long or will be removed as soon as a proper repair can be made, which will happen in the near future.
- Definition : A small, usually contrasting but always somehow different or distinct, part of something else (location, time, size)
- Definition : To mend by sewing on a piece or pieces of cloth, leather, or the like
- Definition : To mend with pieces; to repair by fastening pieces on.
- Definition : To make out of pieces or patches, like a quilt.
- Definition : To join or unite the pieces of; to patch the skirt.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.