Number of syllables in the word 'mile'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word mile.
- No of syllables in mile : 1
- Divide syllables in mile : mile
More about the word - mile
- Definition : The international mile: a unit of length precisely equal to 1.609344 kilometers established by treaty among Anglophone nations in 1959, divided into 5,280 feet or 1,760 yards.
- Definition : Any of several customary units of length derived from the 1593 English statute mile of 8 furlongs, equivalent to 5,280 feet or 1,760 yards of various precise values.
- Definition : Any of many customary units of length derived from the Roman mile (mille passus) of 8 stades or 5,000 Roman feet.
- Definition : The Scandinavian mile: a unit of length precisely equal to 10 kilometers defined in 1889.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.