Number of syllables in the word 'mayor'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word mayor.
- No of syllables in mayor : 1
- Divide syllables in mayor : mayor
More about the word - mayor
- Synonyms : mayoress, Lord Provost, boroughmaster, burgomaster, praetor, provost
- Definition : The chief executive of the municipal government of a city, borough, &c., formerly usually appointed as a caretaker by European royal courts but now usually appointed or elected locally.
- Definition : Short for mayor of the palace, the royal stewards of the Frankish Empire.
- Definition : Synonym of mair, various former officials in the Kingdom of Scotland.
- Definition : A member of a city council.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.