Number of syllables in the word 'lodge'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word lodge.
- No of syllables in lodge : 1
- Divide syllables in lodge : lodge
More about the word - lodge
- Definition : A building for recreational use such as a hunting lodge or a summer cabin.
- Definition : Short for porter's lodge: a building or room near the entrance of an estate or building, especially as a college mailroom.
- Definition : A local chapter of some fraternities, such as freemasons.
- Definition : A local chapter of a trade union.
- Synonyms : stay over, stop
- Definition : To be firmly fixed in a specified position.
- Definition : To stay in a boarding-house, paying rent to the resident landlord or landlady.
- Definition : To stay in any place or shelter.
- Definition : To drive (an animal) to covert.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.