Number of syllables in the word 'lead'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word lead.
- No of syllables in lead : 1
- Divide syllables in lead : lead
More about the word - lead
- Definition : A heavy, pliable, inelastic metal element, having a bright, bluish color, but easily tarnished; both malleable and ductile, though with little tenacity. It is easily fusible, forms alloys with other metals, and is an ingredient of solder and type metal. Atomic number 82, symbol Pb (from Latin plumbum).
- Definition : A plummet or mass of lead attached to a line, used in sounding depth at sea or to estimate velocity in knots.
- Definition : A thin strip of type metal, used to separate lines of type in printing.
- Definition : Vertical space in advance of a row or between rows of text. Also known as leading.
- Definition : To cover, fill, or affect with lead
- Definition : To place leads between the lines of.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.