Number of syllables in the word 'knife'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word knife.
- No of syllables in knife : 1
- Divide syllables in knife : knife
More about the word - knife
- Definition : A utensil or a tool designed for cutting, consisting of a flat piece of hard material, usually steel or other metal (the blade), usually sharpened on one edge, attached to a handle. The blade may be pointed for piercing.
- Definition : A weapon designed with the aforementioned specifications intended for slashing and/or stabbing and too short to be called a sword. A dagger.
- Definition : Any blade-like part in a tool or a machine designed for cutting, such as that of a chipper.
- Definition : To cut with a knife.
- Definition : To use a knife to injure or kill by stabbing, slashing, or otherwise using the sharp edge of the knife as a weapon.
- Definition : To cut through as if with a knife.
- Definition : To betray, especially in the context of a political slate.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.