Number of syllables in the word 'isle'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word isle.
- No of syllables in isle : 1
- Divide syllables in isle : isle
More about the word - isle
- Synonyms : isle, aisle seat
- Definition : A wing of a building, notably in a church separated from the nave proper by piers.
- Definition : A clear path through rows of seating.
- Definition : A clear corridor in a supermarket with shelves on both sides containing goods for sale.
- Definition : Any path through an otherwise obstructed space.
- Definition : A (small) island, compare with islet.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.