Number of syllables in the word 'hip'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word hip.
- No of syllables in hip : 1
- Divide syllables in hip : hip
More about the word - hip
- Definition : The outward-projecting parts of the pelvis and top of the femur and the overlying tissue.
- Definition : The inclined external angle formed by the intersection of two sloping roof planes.
- Definition : In a bridge truss, the place where an inclined end post meets the top chord.
- Definition : (possibly obsolete) A drug addict, especially someone addicted to a narcotic like heroin.
- Definition : To use one's hips to bump into someone.
- Definition : To throw (one's adversary) over one's hip ("cross-buttock").
- Definition : To dislocate or sprain the hip of, to fracture or injure the hip bone of (a quadruped) in such a manner as to produce a permanent depression of that side.
- Definition : To make with a hip or hips, as a roof.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.