Number of syllables in the word 'hair'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word hair.
- No of syllables in hair : 1
- Divide syllables in hair : hair
More about the word - hair
- Definition : A pigmented filament of keratin which grows from a follicle on the skin of humans and other mammals.
- Definition : The collection or mass of such growths growing from the skin of humans and animals, and forming a covering for a part of the head or for any part or the whole body.
- Definition : A slender outgrowth from the chitinous cuticle of insects, spiders, crustaceans, and other invertebrates. Such hairs are totally unlike those of vertebrates in structure, composition, and mode of growth.
- Definition : A cellular outgrowth of the epidermis, consisting of one or of several cells, whether pointed, hooked, knobbed, or stellated.
- Definition : To remove the hair from.
- Definition : To grow hair (where there was a bald spot).
- Definition : To cause to have hair; to provide with hair
- Definition : To string the bow for a violin.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.