Number of syllables in the word 'gulf'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word gulf.
- No of syllables in gulf : 1
- Divide syllables in gulf : gulf
More about the word - gulf
- Synonyms : abyss
- Definition : A hollow place in the earth; an abyss; a deep chasm or basin.
- Definition : That which swallows; the gullet.
- Definition : That which swallows irretrievably; a whirlpool; a sucking eddy.
- Definition : A portion of an ocean or sea extending into the land; a partially landlocked sea
- Definition : (Oxbridge slang) To award a degree to somebody who has only just passed sufficiently.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.