Number of syllables in the word 'geek'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word geek.
- No of syllables in geek : 1
- Divide syllables in geek : geek
More about the word - geek
- Definition : A carnival performer specializing in bizarre and unappetizing behavior.
- Definition : A person who is intensely interested in a particular field or hobby and often having limited or nonstandard social skills. Often used with an attributive noun.
- Definition : (by extension) An expert in a technical field, particularly one having to do with computers.
- Definition : The subculture of geeks; an esoteric subject of interest that is marginal to the social mainstream; the philosophy, events, and physical artifacts of geeks; geekness.
- Synonyms : freak, freak, guru, hacker, dork, nerd
- Definition : To behave geekishly or in a socially awkward manner, especially when under the influence of drugs or other psycho-active substances, and exhibiting such marked characteristics as hyperactivity, repetitiveness, talkativeness, nervousness, irritability, or paranoia.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.