Number of syllables in the word 'fire'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word fire.
- No of syllables in fire : 1
- Divide syllables in fire : fire
More about the word - fire
- Synonyms : blaze, conflagration, inferno
- Definition : A (usually self-sustaining) chemical reaction involving the bonding of oxygen with carbon or other fuel, with the production of heat and the presence of flame or smouldering.
- Definition : An instance of this chemical reaction, especially when intentionally created and maintained in a specific location to a useful end (such as a campfire or a hearth fire).
- Definition : The occurrence, often accidental, of fire in a certain place, causing damage and danger.
- Definition : The aforementioned chemical reaction of burning, considered one of the Classical elements or basic elements of alchemy.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.