Number of syllables in the word 'diff'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word diff.
- No of syllables in diff : 1
- Divide syllables in diff : diff
More about the word - diff
- Definition : Any program which compares two files or sets of files and outputs a description of the differences between them.
- Definition : The output of a diff program. A diff file.
- Definition : A difficult route.
- Definition : To run a diff program on (files or items) so as to produce a description of the differences between them, as for a patch file.
- Definition : To compare two files or other objects, manually or otherwise.
- proper noun
- Definition : A program, historically part of the Unix operating system, which compares two files or sets of files and outputs a description of the differences between them.
- Synonyms : departure, deviation, disparity, divergence, conflict, difference of opinion
- Definition : The quality of being different.
- Definition : A characteristic of something that makes it different from something else.
- Definition : A disagreement or argument.
- Definition : Significant change in or effect on a situation or state.
- Definition : The differential gear in an automobile etc
- Definition : A qualitative or quantitative difference between similar or comparable things
- Definition : An infinitesimal change in a variable, or the result of differentiation
- Definition : One of two coils of conducting wire so related to one another or to a magnet or armature common to both, that one coil produces polar action contrary to that of the other.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.