Number of syllables in the word 'desk'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word desk.
- No of syllables in desk : 1
- Divide syllables in desk : desk
More about the word - desk
- Definition : A table, frame, or case, in past centuries usually with a sloping top but now usually with a flat top, for the use of writers and readers. It often has a drawer or repository underneath.
- Definition : A reading table or lectern to support the book from which the liturgical service is read, differing from the pulpit from which the sermon is preached; also (especially in the United States), a pulpit. Hence, used symbolically for the clerical profession.
- Definition : A department of a newspaper tasked with covering a particular geographical region or aspect of the news.
- Definition : To shut up, as in a desk; to treasure.
- Definition : To equip with a desk or desks.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.