Number of syllables in the word 'creek'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word creek.
- No of syllables in creek : 1
- Divide syllables in creek : creek
More about the word - creek
- Synonyms : bayou, branch, brook, run, beck, brook
- Definition : A small inlet or bay, often saltwater, narrower and extending farther into the land than a cove; a recess in the shore of the sea, or of a river; the inner part of a port that is used as a dock for small boats.
- Definition : A stream of water (often freshwater) smaller than a river and larger than a brook.
- Definition : Any turn or winding.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.