Number of syllables in the word 'clerk'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word clerk.
- No of syllables in clerk : 1
- Divide syllables in clerk : clerk
More about the word - clerk
- Definition : One who occupationally works with records, accounts, letters, etc.; an office worker.
- Definition : A facilitator of a Quaker meeting for business affairs.
- Definition : In the Church of England, the layman that assists in the church service, especially in reading the responses (also called parish clerk).
- Definition : A cleric or clergyman (the legal title for clergy of the Church of England is "Clerk in Holy Orders", still used in legal documents and cherished by some of their number).
- Definition : To act as a clerk, to perform the duties or functions of a clerk
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.