Number of syllables in the word 'branch'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word branch.
- No of syllables in branch : 1
- Divide syllables in branch : branch
More about the word - branch
- Synonyms : bough, tillow, twig
- Definition : The woody part of a tree arising from the trunk and usually dividing.
- Definition : Any of the parts of something that divides like the branch of a tree.
- Definition : A creek or stream which flows into a larger river. (compare Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia run, and New York and New England brook.)
- Definition : One of the portions of a curve that extends outwards to an indefinitely great distance.
- Definition : To arise from the trunk or a larger branch of a tree.
- Definition : To produce branches.
- Definition : To (cause to) divide into separate parts or subdivisions.
- Definition : To jump to a different location in a program, especially as the result of a conditional statement.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.