Number of syllables in the word 'beam'
Find out how many syllables are there in the word beam.
- No of syllables in beam : 1
- Divide syllables in beam : beam
More about the word - beam
- Synonyms : beam feather, breadth, walking beam, working beam
- Definition : Any large piece of timber or iron long in proportion to its thickness, and prepared for use.
- Definition : One of the principal horizontal timbers of a building; one of the transverse members of a ship's frame on which the decks are laid — supported at the sides by knees in wooden ships and by stringers in steel ones.
- Definition : The maximum width of a vessel (note that a vessel with a beam of 15 foot can also be said to be 15 foot abeam)
- Definition : The crossbar of a mechanical balance, from the ends of which the scales are suspended.
- Definition : To emit beams of light; shine; radiate.
- Definition : To smile broadly or especially cheerfully.
- Definition : To furnish or supply with beams
- Definition : To give the appearance of beams to.
How does it work ?
It's based on a combination of a simple algorithm and a fast dictionary dataset to perform the quick lookup of syllables. If you find any error please report so I can fix it ASAP. Additional details about the words are fetched through open source APIs and the sources mentioned above.